This is my favorite pumpkin-recipe
I do it without the hot pepper and chili- and last weekend I even droped the garlic in the tzaziki - It still tasted as real tzaziki!?
- 250 g/1,087 cups Flour
- 125 g/0,544 cups cold Butter
- 1 dash of Salt
- 1-2 Eggs
- 500 g/ 2,175 cups Pumpkin
- 1 bunch of scallions
- (1 red chili peppers)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Salt, Pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. Ginger powder
- 200 g/0,87 cups boiled ham
- 200 g/o,87 cups Creme fraiche
- 4 Eggs
-1 tbsp Curry powder
- 50 g/0,217 Cups crumbled cheese
I am not sure if I converted the mesurements right-please tell me if not
Preparation: about 2 Hours
1 Serving: About 910 Kcal
1. Mix the flour, butter, salt, the eggs and about 50 ml water and knead until you have a smooth doughh. Wrap it in clingfilm and put it into the fridge to rest for at least 30 min.
2. Cut the Pumpkin into small cubes. Wash and clean the scallions and cut them into small cubes. (Wash and clean the chili, remove the seeds and cut the chili into fine slices. ) Stew the pumpkin, scallions (and the chili ) about 5 minutes in the butter. Season with salt,pepper, cayenne pepper and ginger powder.
3. Cut the ham into small pieces. Mix the creme fraiche, the eggs and the curry. Preheat the oven to 180 °C top/lowheat or 160 °C air circulation.
4. Roll the dough out into the size of a deep tart pan (Ø 26 cm/10 inch) (or a springform pan), put it into the greased and floured mould and pull up the edges off the dough. Put the topping on the dough and spread it with the cheese.
Bake the tart for around 45 minutes.
5. Prepare the Pumpkin-Salad in the meantime
PUMPKIN-SALAD WITH TZATZIKI
- 800 g/ 3,479 cups g Pumpkin
- 100 g/0,345 cups Onions
- 250 g/ 1,087 cups green bell pepper
- 350 g/ 1,522 cups Tomatoes
- (1 hot pepper)
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 100 ml/ 0,435 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cloves of galic
- 200 g/ 0,87 cups cucumber
- 200 g/0,87 cups yoghurt
- 50 g/0,217 cups creme faiche
- 1 tbsp dill
Preparation: about 40 min
1 Portion: about 140 Kcal
1. Cut the pumpkin into 1-2 cm/ half inch big cubes. Peel the onions and chop them finely. Wash and clean the bell pepper and tomatoes and cut the pepper into slices and the tomatoes into cubes. (Wash and clean the hot pepper and chop it finely.)
2. Stew the onions in 2 tbsp olive oil. Add the pumpkin and let it stew for some seconds and then deglaze it with the lemon juice and 1 tbsp vinegar. Add the stock, salt and pepper and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Take the pan of the fire and add the bell pepper, tomatoes and the hot pepper.
3.Peel the galic and chop it finely. Peel and grate the cucumber and add a pinch of salt. Leave the cucumber for some minutes and then squeeze out any juice tht has come out of it.
Mix the galic, cucumber, the yoghurt, the creme fraiche, 1 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp vinegar. Season with salt pepper and dill. Serve with the cooled off salad and the tart.